We all create waste, but few think about it, we don’t have to; Once it is in the trash, it comes. We often buy new things when it is not necessary, we throw away the things that still work and simply throw away the food because we are full. But when you consider that a hairspray can take up to 500 years to decompose, it makes you wonder if all that waste is worth it. However, since many of us do not know the facts about waste disposal and recycling, we do not think about the effects. So we are here to teach you. Learn how we dispose of our waste and why waste management is really great, with our 20 amazing facts:
1. The first story of junk recycling. It was in 1031 in Japan! They found a way to recycle paper and sold it again as new in stores.
2. On average, a typical family will throw around 40 kg of plastic that could be recycled every year. That is a lot of wasted plastic.
3. Of all electronic equipment. We throw it away in the UK, about 25% still works and could be reused.
4. More than 7 million tons of food and drink. they throw each year, it’s hard to even understand how much that really is, but believe us, it’s a lot!
5. Food waste from hotels, bars and restaurants. It amounts to around £ 724 million each year due to food waste.
6. It is estimated that at least 50% of the “junk” in our junk containers could be reused or recycled instead of being thrown away.
7. The first accounts of junk disposal removals. It happened in the early twentieth century, with teams of horses and carts carrying trash.
8. In 1875 it was declared that all households You must have a designated waste container, in accordance with the Public Health Law.
9. Bad waste management and irresponsible Rubbish disposal was the cause of thousands of deaths caused by the bubonic plague and cholera throughout the world.
10. It is estimated that each year we generate 3% more waste that the previous year Given that we are supposed to recycle more, this is quite impressive.
11. Paper is one of the most widely recycled materials. with more than two thirds being recycled only in the United Kingdom.
12. The energy generated by recycling. A glass bottle can run a laptop for approximately 25 minutes.
13. A ridiculous 83 kilometers of wrapping paper Every Christmas in the United Kingdom is thrown away, which is enough to wrap all Guernsey and more.
14. Around 50% of renewable energy. We use comes from the gases produced by landfills.
15. When wastes are first dumped in designated areas It used to ignite spontaneously due to the high concentration of methane, so most of the waste was incinerated, only accidentally.
16. Once a landfill has reached capacity, It will be treated and reused as agricultural or development land.
17. Each child will go through more than 3,500 diapers, most of which end up in a landfill and cannot be recycled.
18. Before introducing aluminum, The cans were widely used and discarded in landfills, and their decomposition takes about 50 years.
19. With 25 plastic soda bottles, You could make an adult size wool jacket.
20. Glass bottles are the worst. throw in a landfill since it is estimated that it will take 1 million years to decompose.
Now that you know these amazing facts about junk disposal and handling, you will surely think twice before sending your plastic or glass waste directly to the landfill. We are responsible for our waste and the way it affects our environment, so act wisely!
GETTING QUOTATION NEVER WAS SO EASY!